Who are we and what do we do:
- Access to the Student Design and Experiential Learning Center
- Experience with industry-standard design tools and software packages
- Leadership experience
- Team/Group work experience
- Access to 3D printers
- Hands-on working involvement with machines, tools, electronics, etc. that is highly sought after by companies!
The S&T Underwater Robotics Competition Team competes in the annual Marine Advanced Technology Education Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicle (MATE ROV) competition. Our team builds a robot from scratch that must navigate through an underwater course that simulates solving problems commonly found in port cities. This international competition hosts teams from K-12, Collegiate and Professional, and includes a presentation component that implores the team to act like a company presenting to a marketing board.
We are eagerly awaiting MATE to release their 2021 Competition Manual so we can being working on more specified parts!
Our team is divided into four divisions:
- Mechanical Division– responsible for designing/building/maintaining the body, structure and physical mechanisms of the robot such as driving, buoyancy mechanisms, and waterproofing.
- Electrical Division– responsible for designing/building/maintaining the electrical systems of the robot such as circuits, batteries, and motors.
- Computing Division– responsible for designing/building/maintaining the robot’s control systems, the code that runs the robot, and specified tasks from MATE like AI and Image Recognition.
- Public Relations Team– responsible for public outreach and education, building relationships with sponsors, organizing team events, and maintaining the team’s website and social media.
Each division has their own Division Lead and may be further divided into sub-groups based on particular projects/interests.
Chief Executive Officer: Cody Pepple
Chief Technical Officer: Johnathon Peine
Chief Operational Officer: Anthony Domijan
Chief Financial Officer: Lavanya Bhargava
Computing Lead: Joe Flynn
Electrical Lead: Jackson Fournie
Mechanical Lead: Ian Deal
Public Relations Lead: Lindsay Pitts
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Donald C. Wunsch
Technical Advisors: Dr. Kurt Kosbar, Dr. Jiangfan Zhang